Transylvanian Furniture Cluster was established in 2012 to promote and endorse the furniture industry, with the stated aim of supporting an increase of competitiveness for SMEs, both nationally and internationally. Since the beginning, among TFC’s founding members were SMEs, research organizations, universities and catalysts. Each year, the cluster management team ensures compliance with the bylaw, providing an activity plan and a common development strategy for TFC members. The strategy is constantly updated, project proposals are discussed with members upon submitting, activities and objectives of ongoing projects are monitored and quantified, and the budget is verified and validated annually at general meetings.
Available infrastructure to TFC members within CREIC (Regional Center of Excellence for Creative Industries) – Design & product development lab
- Design software workstation: AutoDesk software group (AutoCad, AutoCad Mechanical, Electrical, Architectural, Inventor, Fusion 360, Navisworks), SimaPro for life cycle analysis, ArtecStudio for 3D scanning
- Visualization Workstation: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Dreamweaver, Adobe, Aero) AutoDesk (3ds Max, Maya, Motionbuilder, Mudbox, Sketchbook), Blender
- AR glasses: Hololens 2 – 2 pcs
- 3D printers: SfQP printer – 2 pieces – 2 filament extruders; MfQP printer – 1 piece – 3 filament extruders; HfQPc printer – 1 piece – 3 filament extruders + 1 Liquid Deposition Modeling extruder; UV printer – 1 piece including automatic washing equipment and UV enclosure for resin curing
- Test equipment: set of Hegewald & Peschke furniture testing equipment: static, dynamic (impact) load, durability, stability
- Artificial aging device for functional coatings – Q-SUN Xe-3
- May 29 2022 – TFC 10 years anniversary!
- Center of Excellence for Furniture – project under development, initiated by TFC members for the professional community. The center is a unique initiative in Romania, aiming to become a pole of excellence for the entire value chain and to be a promoter of industrial transformation. It will be the most ambitious project of the cluster, with laboratories on an area of 4,000 sqm. The total investment is estimated at 10.5 million euros, and the implementation of the project would start in 2023. Involved partners from the cluster’s members: Antares Romania, E-Laborator, Hygia Consult, Basic Point, Șerban & Asociații and Tesagon.
- Introduction in COR (classification of occupations in Romania) of new occupations, positions, trades in the furniture industry – The TFC Board of Directors was mandated in December 2021 to make the necessary steps to the General Directorate of Labor within the Ministry of Labor and Social Solidarity, in order to update the nomenclature. The COR update involves the activity of identifying, prioritizing, coding and introducing new occupations, functions, trades in the furniture industry, as a result of changes in the economy.