The research project Development of Transylvanian Furniture Cluster through research and innovation services, financed under NP III, Program 2 – Increase of the Romanian economy competitiveness through RDI aimed at ensuring the sustainability of the cluster through development of management capacity of the research-development-innovation (RDI) projects (CDI), development of a new product (static-dynamic chair) at cluster level and/or in partnership with the Cluster Management Entity, as well as supply of support services for the internationalization of the CMT members for a period of 24 months.
In 2019, the NP III project team carried out specific research and development activities related to the intelligent chair, which resulted in the creation of the prototype and its launch on the market. Thus, MyTesla, an ergonomic chair with incorporated pressure and distance sensors for the detection and prevention of incorrect user posture, was created. The chair is currently object of patent procedure at European level, with the patent application number 19000394.7/EP19000394.
Total value of the project: 95,000 euro
Contact person: Ciprian Morcan, e-mail: email@example.com, telephone: 0745 888 122.
Presentation of the project among the CMT members at the Innovation for Business event in November 2019: facebook.com/ClusterMobilierTransilvan
- 1 interim report on the research-development and innovation agenda;
- 1 interim report concerning the chair design technical documentation;
- 1 RDI strategic agenda, with 50% of the CMT members consulted;
- 1 strategy implementation plan;
- 2 inter-cluster cooperation agreements concluded (Vukovar – SRIJEM County Development Agency; UIA Agreement);
- 2 adhesions to international chains or networks with IOT 4 Industry (adhesion visible under the section Ambassadors Clusters: https://www.iot4industry.eu/about) and with TCI Network (adhesion visible under the section Members: https://www.tci-network.org/members/ )
- 1 extension strategy (completed in the 3rd stage);
- 1 technical documentation (static-dynamic chair; prototype 2nd stage – MyTESLA);
- 1 new product developed by companies with the support from the cluster (MyTESLA; CMT with its members Antares Romania, Hygia Consult and Artena Furniture);
- 1 new innovation service developed at cluster level;
- 1 common project developed at cluster level (1 patent application and 1 mark registration application to EPO);
- 3 contracts for supply of innovation services offered to the companies in the cluster (Napochim, Salice and JRD);
- 1 patent application and/or industrial drawing protection application submitted;
- 1 new product developed;
- 1 strategy for extension in the internal market and for penetration in the external markets;
- 1 dissemination plan implemented